jueves, 5 de junio de 2014

Overcome Your Financial Fears

I laughed out loud in the bathtub a few months ago while reading my friend Kate Northup's book, Money: A Love Story. She was telling the story of how she did everything she could to avoid opening her bank and credit card statements. I had thought I was the only one who did this! I developed a serious financial avoidance habit back in the days of being a broke graduate student. I always knew that the numbers held within the envelopes would make me anxious and upset... so I just stopped looking.

There were many years when I was making a plentiful salary in addition to being married to a man who earned well, so I continued to indulge my practice of "ignorant bliss," convincing myself that I avoided finances in order to feel abundant; so that more wealth could flow to me. While I was lucky enough to make this work most of the time, I ran into occasions where I over-drafted my checking account merely because I wasn't paying attention.

More...
Fuente: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/erin-cox/overcome-your-financial-f_b_5419623.html

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario